Disease Specific Links
Family Resource Links
- http://www.4elders.org/; online assistance for seniors, family member and caregivers in King, Kitsap, Pierce and Snohomish counties; assistance in making good choices about care; volunteer opportunities.
- http://www.aarp.org/: AARP site with info on member services; senior issues: elections, health care, family/home/legal, money, work, travel.
- http://www.altsa.dshs.wa.gov/ : Serving adults with chronic illnesses or conditions
- http://www.aginglifecare.org/: national Geriatric Care Manager site. Information on finding a GCM; care manager resources.
- http://www.ageinplace.org: An association of community care providers dedicated to helping older adults age at home.
- http://www3.ambest.com/ratings/entities/search.aspx: assigns credit ratings to insurance companies on their ability to meet senior financial obligations
- http://www.aoa.gov/: Administration on Aging carries out the provisions of the Older Americans Act of 1965 to provide assistance to older persons and their caregivers, as well as critical support services, that help older adults remain independent and involved in their communities.
- http://www.cms.gov/: centers for Medicare and Medicaid services site; provides health plans, drug coverage information, low cost health insurance and provider service information.
- http://www.drugwatch.com/: An awareness group that aims to educate the public about prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, and medical devices that have the potential to cause patients serious harm.
- http://www.mowaa.org/: The Meals On Wheels Association of America is the oldest and largest national organization composed of and representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states, as well as the U.S. Territories. Site provides information on nutrition programs and where to find them.
- http://www.medicare.gov/: information on Medicare; prescription drug plans and enrollment info; Medicare billing practices; Medicare plan choices; preventative services; nursing home compare; provider information.
- http://www.medicarerights.org/: The largest independent source of Medicare information and assistance in the United States.
- http://www.mortgagecalculator.org/helpful-advice/aging-with-dignity.php: the main website contains information on mortgages, refinancing and reverse mortgages. This section provides information on falls prevention, home safety, fraud prevention and calculators for determining the cost of remaining at home.
- http://www.pierceadrc.org/: Pierce County Aging and Disability Resource site; info on community-based resources, family caregiving, home safety and federal, state and local government benefits.
Professional Resource Links
- http://asaging.org/ multidisciplinary organization inclusive of professionals who are concerned with the physical, emotional, social, economic and spiritual aspects of aging
- https://www.naela.org/: National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys; locate an attorney in your area; programs; educational opportunities.
- http://khn.org/: Daily reports and webcasts on health, medicine, world and national health issues.
- http://www.ncea.aoa.gov/ (NCEA site): FAQ’s, prevalence/incidence rates; laws; NCEA events; publications.
- www.medicare.gov: Information on Medicare programs; provider information; prescription drug plans; Medicare eligibility.
- www.ssa.gov: SSA news; benefits info; Medicare Part D info; disability info; info for healthcare professionals; info for local/state/federal government officials.
- www.insurance.wa.gov: Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner ; legislative agenda; health insurance reform; insurance scams.
- www.nwjustice.org: Dedicated to providing legal services for people with low incomes.
- www.caremanager.org: National Geriatric Care Manager site; info on finding a GCM; GCM resources.
- www.cms.gov: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; Medicare and Medicaid enrollment info; prescription drug plan info.
Pierce County Assistance, Information & Referral Sources
- Aging & Disability Services: 253-476-7200 or 800-442-5129
- Aging & Disability Resources: 253-798-4400 or 800-642-5769
- AARP (American Association of Retired Persons): 888-687-2277
- DSHS Pierce County Community Services: 253-671-7900
- DSHS Puyallup Community Services: 253-864-3600 or 800-323-3561
- Medicare/Medicaid Fraud Reporting: 800-447-8477
- Pierce Co. Long Term Care Ombudsman: 253-798-3789 or 800-462-5769
- Pierce County Aging & Disability Resource Center: 253-798-4600 or 800-562-0332
- United Way Helpline: 253-572-4357 or 800-572-4357
- Washington State Long Term Care Ombudsman: 800-562-6028
King County Assistance, Information & Referral Sources
- Aging & Disability Services: 206-684-0660
- American Association of Retired Persons: 888-687-2277
- Community & Human Services: 206-205-1324
- Senior Information & Assistance: 206-448-3110 or 800-972-9990
- DSHS Auburn Community Services: 253-804-1159 or 877-586-5502
- DSHS King South Community Service: 206-341-7428 or 800-422-7912
- DSHS King East Community Services: 206-341-7404 or 800-662-6715
- DSHS King North Community Services: 206-341-7424
- Medicaid/Medicare Fraud Reporting: 800-447-8477
- King County Long Term Care Ombudsman: 253-798-3789 or 800-642-5769
- Senior Information and Assistance: 206-448-3130 or 888-435-3377
- United Way of King County: 206-461-3700
Financial and Legal Services
- Attorney General Consumer Protection: 800-551-4636
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service: 800-244-1183
- Crime Victims Compensation: 800-762-3716
- Department of Veterans Affairs: 800-562-2308
- Funeral Assistance for the Indigent: 360-417-2368
- Northwest Justice Project: 888-387-7111
- Pierce County Assessor-Treasurer: 253-789-2169
- Pierce Co. Community Services (Impartial & Free Reverse Mortgage Counseling): 800-562-0336 ext 6936
- Social Security & Supplemental Security Income (SSI): 800-772-1213
- Washington Telephone Assistance Program: 888-700-8880